Tuesday, June 22, 2010

25 weeks and Father's Day

Father's Day was uneventful at our house. It was Ryan's first Father's Day and I worked the whole weekend. He did however get a really lovely card from Alexandra's House staff. Alexandra's House is the peri-natal hospice house in Kansas City that has been working with us. On the inside of the card it had a really lovely poem:

A Father Means...
A Father means so many things...
An understanding heart,
A source of strength and of support
Right from the very start.
A constant readiness to help
In a kind and thoughtful way.
With encouragement and forgiveness
No matter what comes your way.
A special generosity and always affection, too
A Father means so many things
When he's a man like you.
-Author unknown
.
I suppose I am on a poetry kick because I found another really sweet poem that I touched my heart.
.
I Remember You
.
The world may never notice
If a rosebud doesn't bloom
Or even pause to wonder
If the petals fall to soon
But every life that ever forms,
Or ever comes to be
Touches the world in some small way
For all eternity.
The little one I longed for
Was swiftly here and gone.
But the love that was then planted
Is a light that still shines on.
And though our arms are empty,
Our hearts know what to do
Every beating of my hearts says
"I remember you".
-Author unknown

1 comment:

  1. Love the poems. Happy Fathers Day Ryan!

    Mer if you want I would love to send you the additional verses to I am a Child of God that were written from the child's perspective after they went home to their Heavenly Parents and are looking in on you.

    ReplyDelete