Sunday, July 11, 2010

27 weeks

Our big Elspeth event this week was our trip to the funeral home to start making some preliminary arrangements. I knew this day was going to be very difficult for me, but there were a couple of suprising moments of peace. I felt much calmer than I had anticipated. We drove up to the site of her future grave and had the chance to take a moment and remember my niece Marcela Mae Clark who passed shortly after birth on May 4, 2007. Our Elspeth and Marcela will share a grave in the family plots there. My grandfather's grave is also located there and it was so lovely to know that Elspeth will always be surrounded by people who love her.

Thank you to everyone who called me or thought about us last Friday. We needed a lot of support that day and you all came through for us.

On a very happy note, Ryan felt his first round of Elspeth kicks. One afternoon she was really wound up and was kicking consistantly around my belly button. She may have had a serious case of the hiccups. Ryan came home at just the right time and was able to experience that for the first time with certainty. It was a wonderful moment to watch his face as he felt his daughter's movements. Pure joy.

She has several moments in the day now when she really gets going with her legs and arms. I can distinguish the difference now between a kick and a punch. Sometimes her arms and legs are going at the same time (that's when I make sure the bathroom is nearby). I am enjoying her so much and feel so blessed that she is apart of my life.

4 comments:

  1. I was wondering how the funeral home experience went. I'm glad it was better than you expected.

    Love you tons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you have your very painful moments, but I am so impressed by the amount of optimism you blog with. You are one tough lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a hard day. I remember going to see funeral home as being very painful and trying to be so strong so we could "get business done." *Hugs* I am so sorry you have to go through this right now. Please let me know if you need me to do your program up for you. I feel so helpless this far away and want to do all I can to support you during this time.
    On a happier note I am so thrilled to hear that Ryan felt Elspeth move! What a wonderful moment to share together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright Meredith (and Ryan too), I cannot believe your strength-like Dee. And it has only taken me three months to respond after reading several posts over these past few months-so huge pansy here. Meredith you are just an amazing girl. It is simply amazing to know what the Lord has entrusted you with; and continuing to be an amazing example through it all...just is amazing darling. I love you and do please, please let me know if you just need an evening, afternoon, etc. to go out, come over, etc and I'm there. Take care guys. We will continue to pray and think of your little family.

    ReplyDelete