Saturday, July 17, 2010

28 weeks

I have an online support group called Anencephaly Blessing From Above (ABFA). I know that I have probably talked about them on the blog before, but something this week happened that was exceptional.

Someone started a message that said, "The happiest thing was when..." and everyone filled in their blanks. Someone wrote, "The happiest thing was when my daughter cried just once after birth just moments before she passed away." Another wrote, "The happiest thing was when the baby moved for her first and only time after birth while in her father's arms. It was a gift!" And another example, "The happiest thing was when we found out that our baby was really alive for two hours and we didn't even know it until the nurse discovered her heart beat. We thought she was gone, but she wasn't."

There were several other examples like that, but it was so nice to hear some happy memories out of such difficult moments. These women are truly incredible and inspirational.

I have a few of my own happiest moments from this week (28 weeks). The happiest moment was at the doctor's office this week. We heard Elspeth's heart beating with the aid of the doppler (147 BPM). Ryan was able to come to this appointment too. I never realized how much of a difference Ryan coming to the appointment makes to me. I feel so much more relaxed when he's there. It's like I'm not alone in this situation.

Another happiest moment was when Kate our social worker and therapist came from the peri-natal hospice group "Carousel". She comes about once a month to just check in on us and counsel us. She has wonderful insight and I appreciate her visits so much.

Our final "happiest moment" is looking forward to the 3D sonogram that will be taking place in only 3 more days! I hope to have the photos up on Tuesday the 20th.

No comments:

Post a Comment